We call it “the voice.” That short, dismissive, demeaning, snappy voice you save for only those you love most. This was our most recent live discussion.
Here are some highlights from the video:
- We seem to treat those we love better when others are around.
- Let’s begin to treat our spouse and kids as if we always had esteemed guests living in our home.
- What’s the underlying hurt or frustration your spouse might be dealing with that is causing “the voice?”
- Deescalate “the voice” by giving into your spouse’s criticism.
- In order to be understood, we must first understand.
- Screens can play a big role in the tone of voice we use with our spouse.
To join the discussion on Facebook, go here –>> Facebook Live Video
To watch the video on the website, go here –>> Josh + Christi Videos