Are dads belittled as much as moms are shamed? I was at the grocery store with my kids recently while Christi was out of town. Watch as I tell the story of what unfolded in the check out line.
Here are some highlights from the video:
- A recent BYU study of two of the most popular Disney “tween” shows found that “every 3.2 minutes, a dad acts like a buffoon,” and another study found the number of times a mom tells a joke at a dad’s expense increased from 1.8 times per episode to 4.3 times per episode.
- Dads in our generation are doing a great job. Let’s honor them.
- Single parents, we deeply respect you. We offer a practical suggestion for building a team of mentors and support around your kids.
- Find small ways to honor your spouse in their role as mom and dad even in the day-to-day rut.
- The next time you see a dad with his kids in public, don’t patronize him for “babysitting.” Just ask him about his favorite moments being a dad.
To join the discussion on Facebook, go here –>> Facebook Live Video
To watch the video on the website, go here –>> Josh + Christi Videos