In the spirit of interviewing people who influence us personally, this episode features marriage mentors of our own, David and Claudia Arp. Married for 55 years, their insights on marriage have influenced the types of conversations we have in our marriage today.
In this episode, David and Claudia share the secrets that have kept them enjoying their marriage for more than five decades. In addition, they introduce us to their research based marriage program, 10 Great Dates!
Here are some insights you’ll hear from them in this episode:
- The story of their greatest period of emotional disconnection in their marriage (hint: it was when their kids were young!)
- How they overcame this season and the lessons they learned from it
- Why having fun in marriage is serious business
- The beauty of an anger contract
- How both spouses can be right
- Why it’s important to walk down memory lane
- The amazing benefit of intimacy coupons
Finally, we had the privilege of being a part of David and Claudia’s updated 10 Great Dates curriculum. Be sure to check it out and watch our video journals. They were pretty epic 🙂