With Mother’s Day just around the corner, I wanted to do something special for moms, so I decided to host an online Bible study!
The study is called Mom Set Free by Jeannie Cunnion, it begins May 17, and it’s good news for us moms who are tired of trying to be good enough.
As moms, we’re under constant pressure. We have to get it right in all areas of life—work, home, family, and faith. But those impossible standards leave us oscillating between worry, fear, anger, and shame. They threaten to steal all the wonder from parenting, life, and our personal relationship with God.
In this 7-session study, we’ll discover how the gospel message can empower us to parent in the freedom of God’s sovereignty. From this, we’ll breathe deeper, walk lighter, and enjoy our children—and the parenting journey—more than ever before.
The participation details you need to know:
- You’ll get to watch all the teaching videos for free!*
- Mom Set Free is 7 weeks long, starting May 17 and ending June 28.
- You’ll need to pick up a copy of the Mom Set Free Bible study book, which you can order online or pull off the shelf from your local LifeWay Store. Make sure you purchase the Bible study book and not the companion book.
- Each week’s video session will be posted on our blog on Thursday at 5:00 A.M. CT (barring any technical difficulties).
- During the first week, simply watch the first video on May 17 and complete the Week 1 material in the study book before the next Thursday session.
- Add “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your email contacts, so the emails are less likely to end up in your spam folder.
- Fill out the form below with your email to sign up. You’ll receive a welcome email, and weekly emails will begin May 17. The emails are simply reminders to return to our site to watch the video and participate in the comments. If you don’t receive an email, don’t worry! You can always visit this page to view the latest session.
My hope for this online Bible study is not that they’ll replace community in real life, but to supplement it. Grab a friend or two or ten and do this study together, using the online videos as a fun addition to your study! If you are studying alone, that’s OK! I’m so glad you’re here and hope you find friends and fellowship as we learn together.
Have more questions? Check out the Online Bible Study FAQs.
*A note about the videos: For this study, we will be offering the entire Bible study videos online for free for a limited time. Videos will remain up until July 31, 2018, allowing some breathing room for those who join in late or miss a couple of weeks. After that time you can purchase the video sessions here.