Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS
Welcome to week 2 of our “Best Of” series!
Emotional safety was one of the most requested topics in season 3. Not only that, this episode became one of the most listened to of any we did.
When we first became parents we were exhausted and overwhelmed by the opinions of what we “should” do. That’s why we decided to start with the end in mind. With the outcomes we most desire in our kids when they become adults. What we found is that emotional safety—more than any other factor—is scientifically linked to raising kids who live, love, and lead well.
In other words, the posture from which we parent matters infinitely more than the techniques of parenting. What is emotional safety?
In this episode, we answer this question and discuss:
- The Golden Rule of relationships
- Four walls of a Safe House (exploration, protection, grace, truth)
- Four parenting styles (BFF, helicopter, boss, religious)
- How to lead in grace and follow up in truth as we discipline
- Why being a parent isn’t rocket science; it’s just brain surgery.
To order Safe House: How Emotional Safety is the Key to Raising Kids Who Live, Love, and Lead Well, click here!
Interested in going through the 6-week DVD Safe House Parent Study with your spouse or church small group? Click here to learn more!
Leave a Reply