The Bible consistently uses botanical growth to describe our spiritual maturity and how we grow. Applied to us as parents, we want to raise children who love God and share His love with the world. But how do you prepare a spiritual seedling to become fully grown?
In this episode, we talk about our new parent Bible study that you can do with your kids to cultivate them in the fruit of the Spirit. But what does this look like, especially at a practical level?
This week, we discuss:
- What botanical growth looks like
- The necessary ingredient for the fruit of the Spirit to grow, is to die to our flesh (Gal. 5:24, John 12:24).
- Cultivating kids in the fruit of the Spirit is connected to the spiritual environment of our home
- Connection to Jesus (John 15) and a Church community is necessary and important for growth
- The practical ways you can cultivate and water your seedlings during the four key times of the day (Deut. 6:7, Proverbs 22:6).
We also talked about the following books in this episode: