Welcome to our “best of” series of the summer! The next two episodes are gold medallion interviews with our podcast “resident therapists.” This week, we interview Sissy Goff from Daystar Counseling about what our daughters need. Next week, we interview David Thomas about what our sons need.
In this episode, Sissy breaks down what our girls need in the following age groups:
Birth-5: The Discovery Years
Ages 6-11: The Adventurous Years
Ages 12-15: The Narcissistic Years
Ages 16-19: The Autonomous Years
Some of the best nuggets of this interview include:
- The growing epidemic of anxiety in girls today
- The years our daughters seem disinterested in relationship with dad
- How dads can press into their daughters
- Why daughters tend to be ambivalent with their moms in the narcissistic years
- How moms can press into their daughters in these years
To buy Sissy’s latest book, Are My Kids on Track?, click here.