Welcome to part 2 of our “best of” summer series! Last week, we talked about raising our girls. This week, we talk about raising our boys.
In this episode, David breaks down what our boys need in the following age groups:
Ages 2-4: The Explorer
Ages 5-8: The Lover
Ages 9-12: The Individual
Ages 13-17: The Wanderer
Ages 18-22: The Warrior
Some of the best nuggets of this interview include:
- The biggest hurdle of boys today across the developmental lifespan
- Ways that boys self-medicate their pain and why
- Why helping boys problem solve and use critical thinking is crucial to their development
- The importance of placing your hand on your son’s shoulder and addressing him by name
- Why boys need less words, not more
- Helping our boys navigate video gaming in a healthy way
To learn more, click here to purchase David’s book, Wild Things: The Art of Nurturing Boys
To buy David’s latest book, Are My Kids on Track?, click here.