Being famous at home requires that we become students of our kids. That we pay attention to their strengths, but also their growth areas.
For boys, helping them learn to communicate with others in a respectful manner and with a good attitude can sometimes feel daunting. That’s why our resident therapist, David Thomas, joins us this week to talk about our sons.
This conversation began as a private one, when Josh reached out to David for help of his own. In this episode, we take you behind the scenes of that scenario, how David’s wisdom has helped our family, and why we wanted to share it with you.
This was such an insightful episode that you’ll probably want to listen to a few times, especially if you have boys.
Here are some highlights from this week’s episode:
- David describes why we tend to have to work more with our sons when it comes to social awareness.
- Why our boys can be so loud, energetic, and come across as rude or disrespectful.
- The tightrope that boys walk between blame and shame.
- Why it’s important to help boys understand the choice of being right versus being kind.
- How to train our boys to reach for progress, not perfection.
- Practical exercises to help our boys of all ages become socially aware of their environment and how they come across to others.
- Why this conversation matters for who our sons will become as adult men.