Women feel the strain of being famous at home in unique ways. The desire to be a mother to our children can often conflict with our passion for work and the stage we believe God is calling us to. Not only that, the stage God has called you to may very well be your home. Yet, you feel the pressure to have a stage beyond it. Or perhaps you have to work and wish so much you could stay at home, and the added pressure of not being there leaves you feeling less than famous.
Rachel Swanson is a dear friend of ours, but even more, she is a best-selling and multiple award-winning author, inspirational speaker, and accredited Christian life coach. She joins us this week for a heart to heart conversation about her pull to be an entrepreneur while raising “wannabe triplets,” and how her journey led her to being a dental hygienist for a season, a stay-at-home mom for a season, and even the primary breadwinner for a season. Her secret to managing it all? Finding harmony.
But how does Rachel “find” harmony? That’s what this episode is all about. Here are a few highlights:
- The struggles of being a stay-at-home mom versus full time work, versus part-time both work and motherhood
- How to find your own unique calling apart from the expectations of others
- Practical ways to connect with God throughout the day even while taking care of kids and working
- How saying “yes” to God usually brings about the most hardship and joy all at the same time
- How to step into the “only God” story waiting just for you
- Living in such a way that our souls can breathe again
To purchase Rachel’s award-winning book, Big and Little Coloring Devotional, click here.
To follow Rachel on Instagram, click here.
To learn more about Rachel’s coaching and speaking, click here.