If you want to be a dad who is famous at home with his son, this is a must listen. Pastor Jon Tyson joins us to talk about the path he created to raise his now 19-year-old son. He turned the path itself into a course that every dad can use to lead his son into a life of purpose. As Jon looked at the landscape of today’s boys, he saw the need for boys to be guided by a community of men, on a recognized path into adulthood, that matched the aches or longings boys have in their heart. He calls it The Primal Path.
With so many incredible one-liners to count, here are some highlights of this episode:
- There is no constant, consistent, intentional pathway for boys to become men in American Christianity. Boys need a mentor or a father who can walk him through the process.
- The primal path is a way to help overwhelmed but determined dads raise sons of consequence.
- There’s no way you can underestimate the joy of getting it right and overestimate the pain of getting it wrong when it comes to raising your son.
- It’s not about getting it perfect, but getting it right.
- Don’t shrink back out of insecurity or lack. Your son doesn’t know what you don’t know. Engage the path and process.
- Build a relationship with your son where he brings you his sin.