Social distancing has given us a chance to really focus on the atmosphere of our home, both emotionally and spiritually. It’s made us a little more intentional, but also has brought a lot more fun to our home as well.
In this episode, we talk about the practices we’ve been implementing in our home to cultivate our kids’ hearts and foster a healthy spiritual environment for all of us.
Here are some highlights:
- The misperception that spiritual growth begins with instruction
- Why the spiritual environment of our home rises and falls on modeling
- The transmitting power of relational warmth
- How listening and asking questions of our kids influences the environment
- Why worship changes the atmosphere of your home
- The ways we teach our kids to listen for God’s voice
- Why we need to take prayer seriously and be the spiritual covering for our kids