Welcome back to our “Best of” series! Social distancing has given the Straubs a chance to really focus on the atmosphere of their home, both emotionally and spiritually. It’s made them a little more intentional, but also has brought a lot more fun to their home as well.
In this episode, Josh and Christi talk about the practices they’ve been implementing in their home to cultivate their kids’ hearts and foster a healthy spiritual environment as a family.
Here are some highlights:
- The misperception that spiritual growth begins with instruction
- Why the spiritual environment of our home rises and falls of modeling
- The transmitting power of relational warmth
- How listening and asking questions of our kids influences the environment
- Why worship changes the atmosphere of your home
- The ways we teach our kids to listen to God’s voice
- Why we need to take prayer seriously and be the spiritual covering for our kids