Emotions are the gateway to the heart. When we use words that communicate emotion in our home, the environment changes. In this episode, Josh and Christi talk about why it’s important to understand the difference between emotions and feelings, especially for the intimacy in our marriage and how we connect with and guide our kids.
Josh and Christi talk about:
- The difference between emotions and feelings.
- Our six core emotions and how to discern what they mean for us in our day-to-day lives.
- How naming our feelings helps us label our emotions.
- The role of emotions in “guarding your heart.”
- How congruence can help us “be at home” with ourselves again.
- How to use emotional awareness to become a more connected spouse and parent.
JOIN THE KIDSEQACADEMY WAITLIST! On-demand courses to help your child manage big feelings in a little body. Each course in KidsEQAcademy teaches your kids the life skills they need to develop emotional intelligence.
ORDER A COPY OF WHAT AM I FEELING? What Am I Feeling? offers a biblically grounded way for children to verbalize their feelings, develop empathy and self-control, and understand their wonderful God-given emotions.
LOOKING FOR MARRIAGE AND FAMILY COACHING? We offer a transformative coaching journey to help your family build a rock solid marriage, create healthy rhythms between work and home, and set values that drive how you make decisions.
ENROLL IN YOUR FAMILY PURPOSE TODAY! Your Family Purpose is our online family series that helps you make a step-by-step plan to create a family of connection, celebration, and purpose.