In 2015, Corie Weathers was named Military Spouse of the Year. That was in large part because of how her husband, Chaplain Matthew Weathers, nominated and championed her. But as we all know, championing your spouse is much easier when you feel championed.
In honor of Military Appreciation Month, we wanted to honor and learn from the marriage of a military family who is also in the trenches serving other military families and first responders.
In this episode, Chaplain Matthew and Corie Weathers take us behind their own picture frame and teach us how they connect personally as a military family. Even more, they share with us incredibly powerful insights and tools they use to help military and first responder families thrive.
The nuggets harvested from this episode are gold. Here are a few of them:
- How to praise your spouse
- The power in seeing your spouse as a bonsai tree
- How to find purpose together in your marriage, especially for families with traveling spouses
- How much is too much to share with your spouse, especially in relation to deployment or where trauma is involved
- What it means to have sacred spaces in marriage and how not to miss them
- The feeling wheel on their refrigerator
- The healthy competition that keeps Team Weathers thriving.