What does it mean to be a “successful” parent? And what does it mean to raise “successful” kids? Though the world has one definition for this term, we talk to a mom (and grandma) this week who is on the other side of the trenches, having successfully raised her seven kids in every sense of the word.
Helen Smallbone is a co-founder of MUMlife Community and a podcast host with AccessMore, as well as a mom of Grammy Award–winning artists–Rebecca St. James and FOR KING + COUNTRY. In this episode, we talk with Helen about her new book Behind the Lights: The Extraordinary Adventure of a Mum and Her Family, and what her journey looked like behind the scenes of instilling faith in seven children.
We talk to her about about:
- How to go deeper in conversations with your kids and finding the “why” behind their actions
- Ways to prioritize self care and solitude as a parent
- Strategies Helen used to handle sibling rivalry in her home
- The weight of pointing our kids to Jesus
- The power of simply asking God for help
Click here to watch this episode on YouTube.
Learn more about the MUMlife Community