Last week we had a conversation about being emotionally safe in marriage. Christi and I got into an honest conversation about an incident that happened that very night. Here are a few key highlights:
- We define emotional safety as the posture from which we relate to one another.
- The enemy has come to steal, kill, and destroy our marriage. He does that by subtly but assuredly distancing our hearts from one another.
- Guard your spouse’s heart as you do your own, for our hearts are the well spring of our marriage.
- Seek to understand the underlying motivation of your spouse when he/she is angry at you. The behaviors we use to get our spouse to notice us can create more distance, even though our motivation to draw closer to our spouse is pure.
- Value, notice and label your spouse’s emotions.
- Value, notice and label your own emotions.
To join the discussion on Facebook, go here –>> Facebook Live Video
To watch the video on our website, go here –>> Dr. Josh + Christi Videos