There is nothing we want more than to experience the joy of Christmas. Unfortunately, Christmas can leave our time feeling pressed and our wallets stressed. In addition, the holiday also brings along with it some baggage, especially when it comes to our children and the traditions we hold dear.
In this episode, we go behind the lens of our own crooked picture frame to discuss some Christmas hot topics. We tell stories about how we were raised and what we implement today in our own family. We also discuss topics like:
- Is my gift-giving out of control?
- What does an entitled child look like?
- Is it okay to lie to my kids about Santa Claus?
- What will my kids really remember about Christmas?
- How can we truly make it about Jesus’ birth?
- Is the attitude I’m modeling for my kids at the holidays one of gratitude or grumbling?
- What role do traditions play in our family?
As you listen to this episode, think about your own family traditions, values, and what you model for and teach your kids. And be sure to engage the conversation. Tell us stories from your own picture frame. We love learning from you.