Lysa TerKeurst, President of Proverbs 31 Ministries, sits down with us to talk about her painful marital journey. She shares vulnerably about her own pain and why she stayed with her husband, Art, when she had every reason not to.
No matter who hurt you, you deserve to stop suffering because of what other people have done to you. If you’ve ever felt stuck in a cycle of unresolved pain, playing offenses over and over in your mind and know you can’t go on living like this, but don’t know what to do next, this episode is for you.
Lysa TerKeurst has wrestled through this journey. And she’s discovered that, to find life-giving freedom, you have to let go of bound-up resentment and resistance to forgiving people who aren’t willing to make things right.
In this episode, Lysa talks vulnerably about:
- The best day and worst day of her forgiveness journey.
- The formula to rebuilding trust when you’ve been wronged.
- The difference between forgiveness and reconciliation.
- How her husband, Art, shows up today and why he too can bravely walk this healing journey.
- Why forgiveness is a messy process.
- What it means when we say, “What is hysterical is often historical.”